Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Recap {3/16}

Good Morning Everyone!!!! I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend! Although weekends are way too short my family and I had a wonderful one! Did anyone do anything special over the weekend?

So first things first - I wanted to let you all know that I have had a change of heart...I will be sending back my Rodan and Fields skincare items. I've been using it for over a week and honestly the only difference that I've noticed is really dry skin. Please know that this is my personal opinion; these products may work great for some people but I don't think I am one of them. I do love the micro-derm paste, I may or may not keep that. We shall see. 

Friday night was pretty lazy. Sam picked up take out from a local pizza/sub joint and we just hung out in our jammies. We were debating on whether or not we should go out to dinner but opted to stay in and be lazy. 

Saturday morning consisted of our usual routine. Sadie and Mommy get up super early and go downstairs while everyone is still asleep. I really enjoy that time with just her and I. I realized we were out of milk so I used water to make my Juice Plus smoothie and it was pretty dang good! I always throw in a really big tablespoon of peanut butter!  After breakfast we enjoyed the Mickey Mouse Club, Doc McStuffins and of course Sophia the First! Any of my fellow Mommy's watch the Disney Channel?! We know the songs by heart, especially the Hot Dog song!! Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog! (<-------- yup, I'm getting old!). 


After Sadie's morning nap we decided to go out to lunch. We weren't sure where we wanted to go so we just got in the car and drove, we wound up at Ruby Tuesday's. It was delish! I splurged and got a bacon cheeseburger...so bad but oh so good! Sadie decided she wanted to try a lemon. 

Yup, it's pretty sour kiddo! Cutest face ever!! 

After lunch we went to Kohls, Target and of course we ran by Starbucks. I tried something new, a Flat White. Has anyone tried it? I loved it! It's not something i'll get often because it's made with whole milk and has a ton of calories but as an occasional treat it's pretty good! 
Once we got home it was time for a nap. I love those rainy afternoons where we all lay in bed and cuddle. 
Notice i'm the only one smiling?! I think Sam and Sadie wanted to really take a nap instead of taking family selfies...oh well! :) 

Yesterday, Sam and his Dad went to a local race and that left Sadie and I home to do whatever we wanted! Well, little miss decided to nap for 3 hours so that gave me some Mommy time. I ended up reading blogs and watching vlogs! How about I just discovered Rachel Talbott and OMG I love her. I must have ended up watching like 15 of her videos. I've always loved skin care and makeup and she has some awesome tutorials. If y'all get a few minutes definitely check out her YouTube channel, you can find the link HERE. Her hubby also has a YouTube channel for cooking. You can find that link HERE

Disclaimer....These opinions are my own. I am not being paid in any way. I just happen to really love her and her husbands vlogs! 

Okay fellow Mommy's, I need some advice. When we first moved in with my in-laws Sadie's room wasn't ready for her to sleep in so she ended up sleeping with us. Well it has become a habit. Sam and I ready to break that habit but Sadie is not. Does anyone have any advice on how to break the co-sleeping habit? It's becoming so difficult. I love cuddle time with her but I can't put her down for naps or bedtime without me having to be with her. It's really tough! Thank you in advance for the advice! 

Have a wonderful Monday! 

XO, Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment