Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day Weekend Recap

I know it's not much but I am so excited to announce that it is finally snowing in NC! 
I've watched the news several times today and quite honestly I don't think anyone really knows what we are going to end up with. Some news stations say all snow, others say snow, sleet and freezing rain. I can certainly do without the ice. I drive about an hour to work everyday so I am pretty sure tomorrow is going to be a snow day for me! It's pretty peaceful in the house right now. Sadie is taking a little nap, the dogs are snoring and my hubby is playing a video game. Does anyone else have a  husband that still plays video games?! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend! We usually don't do much for Valentine's Day but this year Sam surprised me with Eric Church concert tickets!! I was beyond surprised! The concert isn't until the end of April so I definitely have something to look forward to! 

While Sam was still sleeping Saturday morning Sadie and I got up early to make him Valentine's Day crafts. Disclaimer, I am not crafty at all so this was a big deal for me! ;)
Please excuse my messy bathroom! 

Hello Blondie!

This picture melts my heart! 

Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us. Sadie and I took a little nap yesterday afternoon then braved the grocery store in preparation for Snowmageddon 2015! We got the usual staples, milk, bread, eggs, but also bought stuff to make meals all week. I am on a strict budget this week, so no Starbucks for this girl. I'm not sure i'll make it! Sam and I watched the SNL 40th Anniversary Special last night. Some skits were so funny, like Jeopardy but other's not so much. I was really hoping to see Nsync and Backstreet Boys and once I found out they were not going to be performing I went to bed! Was anyone else upset this reunion didn't happen?! 

Time to go check on dinner! We decide to make a big pot of Chili since the weather is cold and snowy! I can't wait to dig in and enjoy a glass of wine! For those of you getting winter weather tonight, be safe and enjoy it while it last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment